Strapless bras are awesome. They are the most versatile piece of lingerie I own. From strapless summer dresses to spaghetti camis – I can wear them with anything.
But ever since I started breastfeeding, I began wearing wireless nursing bras (with straps) because my breasts got heavier and larger. Bandeaus were no longer supportive enough.
Having said that, you can still wear strapless nursing bras when the occasion (and top) calls for it. But not for too long. Read more here.
While there are not many strapless nursing bras on the market, I list our 4 favorites:
Best overall strapless nursing bandeau bra: La Leche League Nursing Bandeau Bra
Why I love the La Leche League Bra:
- Comes in 4 sizes – S to XL to fit sizes 32A to 38D
- I can attach removable clear straps for added support
- It has pockets for removable pads to protect against nipple show through and milk leaks
- The inner nursing frame can be flipped up from the bottom for easy and discrete feeding
- Wireless and seamless for comfort
- It’s made from a soft nylon and spandex blend, giving me that silky feeling
What I don’t like about it:
- Sizing runs small
- It doesn’t cater for large breasts
Why I love the DD Demoiselle Bandeau:
- Fits sizes small to 3X-large (27.5 in – 42.5 in band size)
- It’s stretchy and the elastic holds pretty well
- Removable soft padding
- Made of a soft and comfy nylon/spandex blend
- Machine washable for convenience
- comes in up to 9 colors (solid and lace) to match your clothes
- comes in packs of 3 – amazing value-for-money
What I don’t like about it
- There is no option to wear it with straps
- The foam pads feel cheap and can sometimes flip
- No nursing frame so there is a lack of support when breastfeeding
Best strapless pumping bra: Simple Wishes Signature Pumping Bra
Why I love the Signature Pumping Bra:
- Fully adjustable 10 inch Velcro back panel to fit you snugly, no matter what size you are
- Zip-in center panel in the front allows for 1 inch of side-to-side movement for proper positioning of breast pump flanges
- 4-way layering support keeps tight seal of breast shields
- Machine washable
- Fits all standard pump flanges from major brands – Medela, Spectra, Philips Avent etc.
- OEKO-TEX certified to be free from harmful toxins
- >10,000 5-star ratings on Amazon – it’s one of the most popular pumping bras on Amazon
What’s not so great about it:
- It’s too uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time
- There is no nursing access
Best strapless nursing and pumping bra: Rumina Strapless Nursing and Pumping Bra
Why I love the Rumina Nursing and Pumping Bra
- It’s the only strapless combined nursing and pumping bra that I know of
- Fits sizes 32A to 40E/42D
- I can breastfeed and pump at the same time
- Easy to breastfeed – just pull the bandeau downwards
- It’s stretchy and comfy
- multiple hook and eye options and comes with bra extender
- no zips, velcro or holes to cause irritation
- compatible with most breast pumps
What I don’t like about it
- not supportive enough to wear for long periods of time
- not strong enough to hold bottles in place properly
- There are 5 hooks at the back to clasp, it would be impossible in the first 6 weeks when I was still sore from surgery. It’s still a hassle.
- Sizes run small
To wrap up
I thought the La Leche League Nursing Bandeau Bra was the best strapless nursing bra for its support, comfort and nursing features.
If you are not too fussed about having an inner nursing frame, you can also use your regular strapless bra or bandeau. Just make sure it is wireless and that it is strong enough to provide adequate support.
- Are nursing bras really necessary?
- What bra should you wear for an evening out while breastfeeding?
- Can I wear my regular bra while breastfeeding?
- 13 best wireless nursing bras
- How to choose the right nursing bra for you
- 17 quick ways to make your husband feel special even when you have no time - June 28, 2022
- How to not lose yourself in motherhood - June 28, 2022
- How soon after birth can you take a bath? - June 11, 2022