Nursing bras are a must-have for any breastfeeding mom. They provide comfort and support while you nurse your baby. There are several different types of nursing bras, but one of the most popular types is the seamless nursing bra.
Seamless nursing bras are designed to provide utmost comfort and a smooth, flattering fit under clothes. They are made from a single piece of stretchy fabric, which eliminates the need for seams that can rub against the skin.
Let’s take a deep dive:
What are seamless nursing bras?
Seamless nursing bras are designed to provide a comfortable and flattering fit with no visible seams, giving you a smooth profile, even under light tops. They are made from stretchy fabrics that contour to the body, making them ideal for wearing under tight-fitting clothing.
Unlike traditional nursing bras, which have seams and panels that can create lines and bumps under clothes, seamless nursing bras feature a smooth design that makes them virtually invisible under clothing.
Cake Maternity has a range of seamless nursing bras:
How are seamless nursing bras made?
Seamless nursing bras are made by machines that are programmed to knit bras in one piece.
This way, the bras don’t have pieces of fabric joined together by stitches (seams) and are therefore, seamless.
The raw edges of the nursing bra are then tidied up and bound. Shoulder straps and hook and eye connections are sewn on.
The fabric used for seamless nursing bras are stretchy and the bra is meant to mold to your breast and body snugly, giving you a smooth profile under tops.
Benefits of seamless nursing bras
There are a multitude of benefits to seamless nursing bras:
- no irritating seams that will cause chafing on your sensitive skin
- more comfy than regular nursing bras
- don’t show through clothing
- contours to your body
- molded cups creates a smooth silhouette under tops
Negatives of seamless nursing bras
- seamless bras have molded cups that are not as deep as traditional seamed nursing bras.
- moms with large breasts will generally find the cups too shallow and not supportive enough
- Seamless nursing bras tend to stretch out quicker than seamed ones
- Seamless nursing bras are made of the one fabric. There is no ability to join fabrics with different strengths or elasticity.
The popular Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Nursing Bra also comes in a specially-designed busty version:
Who should wear seamless nursing bras
Everyone and anyone can wear seamless nursing bras but these moms in particular should wear seamless bras when they are breastfeeding:
- moms with sensitive skin
- moms who favor tight tops
- moms with small breasts
When to wear seamless nursing bras
You can wear seamless nursing bras throughout your pregnancy and breastfeeding journey. In fact, you can continue to wear your seamless nursing bras long after you’re done with breastfeeding.
However, the most important times to wear seamless nursing bras are when comfort is your utmost priority: during the first few weeks to months post-partum.
The Motherhood Maternity Seamless Nursing Bra is so comfy that you can wear it from Day 1:
To wrap up
Just because a nursing bra is seamless doesn’t automatically mean it is comfy and supportive. The design, quality of material and and density of yarn used is just as important.
- 17 quick ways to make your husband feel special even when you have no time - June 28, 2022
- How to not lose yourself in motherhood - June 28, 2022
- How soon after birth can you take a bath? - June 11, 2022
2 thoughts on “What are seamless nursing bras?”
Pingback: What to look for in a nursing bra
Pingback: Should you wear a bra when you have mastitis?