Don’t get me wrong. I love nursing tanks. They definitely have a place of honor in the maternity capsule wardrobe.
But let’s face it, nursing tanks don’t provide good breast support, no matter what they claim. So we wear a nursing bra under our nursing tank, which is fine. Except sometimes it’s too warm for 2 layers. And sometimes having to unclip 2 sets of cups is just plain annoying.
This is where the naked nursing tank comes in:
The Naked Nursing Tank
The Naked Nursing Tank was designed by a genius to solve our most common beef with the nursing tank.
It’s an open-busted cami that can be worn as a maternity undershirt and for breastfeeding.
A picture is worth a thousand words:
Why I love the Naked Nursing Tank
- You can wear your favorite nursing bra instead of depending on the flimsy nursing tank shelf bra.
- You can even wear it with a nursing sports bra (check out the best ones on Amazon)
- You don’t need to fiddle with 2 sets of clips to get to your breasts
- You can wear any of your regular tops over this and be able to breastfeed without exposing any skin (check out the 2-shirt method)
- Saves money on nursing tops and tanks since you can wear all your regular tops.
- You can breastfeed in public without the need for a nursing cover.
- It’s light-weight and thin so it can be worn easily as an underlayer.
- You can choose either soft cotton or bamboo rayon. Both feel great on your skin.
- The soft material is gentle on your baby too.
- The length is long enough to cover baby bumps throughout pregnancy
- It’s racerback design means the straps don’t fall off your shoulders
- It’s Canadian-made eh.
- It’s a Parent Tested Parent Approved Award winner.
- Comes in 4 cool colors – black, white, grey and charcoal.
What I don’t like about it
- The straps are not adjustable. But that’s not a major issue unless you have an exceedingly short or long torso
- It can show wear quite quickly
Bear in mind
- The quality and even length of the tanks can vary among the different colors. Please try these on before the return window closes so you can return it if it doesn’t live up to your expectations.
To wrap up
If you want to continue wearing your regular tops, then it’s worth buying a few Naked Nursing Tanks to wear underneath them.
Looking for regular nursing tanks and camis? Read my review of the best ones on Amazon.
- How do you reduce anxiety during labor? - May 22, 2022
- Does walking make labor easier? - May 22, 2022
- How do I prepare for labor in the third trimester? - May 22, 2022